Wednesday, October 06, 2010

6th Oct - Day 23

Stayed up the whole night and still wasn’t really appreciated by the sick. Never mind. Sometimes, when we care for someone, they think that we’re a nuisance. Helping them to make themselves feel better and get well from the illness, they refuse to listen or listened reluctantly and probably scold you from the back. Well, I’ve done my part and if my care is not appreciated, at least I know I did not just leave her alone when I’m suppose to take care of her as being her room-mate.

Didn’t go for lesson this morning and Alyssa took down notes for us and we all went out to have lunch at the café restaurant again but this time almost all of us ordered porridge as everyone is in the midst of getting sick. Alyssa assured me that she would take care of herself and would tell me if she is feeling unwell anywhere immediately.

We went to the mini-mart to get some egg (the only thing we found suits us and could be micro-waved) as Ms Thoo told us that Louise has instructed 大婶 to prepare porridge for us. But as we had just had our lunch, we would keep it for dinner instead.

When I got back to the hostel, I went over to大婶’s place to get the pot of porridge. She’s super nice! She even offered prickled vegetable and fish and also rice if we needed more! But of course I only took the pot of porridge. I micro-waved the egg and we heated up preserved peanuts, tofu skin and sausages to go with the porridge and guess what, it taste just like home! It made me miss Singapore even more!
All of us studied and slept early to replenish our strength for our test which is going to be held tomorrow.

No comments: